Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

For the Love of Pearl

I'm a Sponge Bob fan, and that is my favorite saying that Mr. Crabs uses. But, in all seriousness, I love pearls. My mother and grandmother have always loved them, so I even though I loved them, I always associated them with an older generation. In high school I tried not to rock the grandmother trends. A few years ago I began to wear pearls. I stopped caring that I could possibly be making myself into an eighty year old woman. Haha, just kidding. Although the pearls felt old to me, I began to see them as timeless. They had an elegance to them that no longer exists. They are delicate and pretty with out being overly flashy and obnoxious, no matter how big they are.
I finally bought my first necklace about two years ago. Since then I have added a few other pieces to my collection. Even better, the pearl trend has been hitting the fashion scene pretty hard lately. I know, like everything else in that fashion business, it will fade as fast as it got here. But, I'm not worried this time. I know the rules; one minute your in, the next your out. I know I'll be wearing pearls no matter which phase the fashion world is in. Like I said before, they are timeless to me.


No comments: