Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Concentration Time

We just opened a new salon at work. Normally it was just a plain old tanning salon and now we have added hair and nail services. I'm really tired because I have put in about 30 hours of work in the last 2 1/2 days. It's been really intense but totally worth it. I get to learn about starting, running, and working with in a new business. Eventually I want to own my own business when I get out of school but for now I have the opportunity to learn hands on what it's like to run a business. First rule. You can't know everything...look around, there is plenty of good advice and information around you. It's online, from other people who own businesses, and at the library. There are so many resources available. I really never knew what research can do for you but it's changed the way I look at business. For example, having a company website. It's all about advertising the website which in turn will advertise the product. There are so many resources online on how to make an effient and profitable website to go along with your business.

Anyways. I have school work to do. Finals are coming up and I'm getting ready. Then it's break and the wait till next semester. Lol. For now I've got plenty of things to do.

No comments: