Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

shopaholic?

I loved that book series. It was cute. I was funny. Shopaholic books were witty and interesting. I really couldn't imagin being as bad of a shopaholic as the main character Becky was. She literally turned everything good in her life into a distaster because she couldn't control her shopping. It was funny because I really didn't think anyone was like that. But really, where is the line between compulsive shopper and shopaholic.

Now mind you, I'm not maxing out credit cards, but it is interesting to me to think about what really qualifies you to be a shopaholic. Is it the impulse shopping? Conpulsive buying? Skipping out on bills because you can "pay it later"? I don't really know. And when do you know you shop to much. We all have our money sins. It's not like everyone can budget and stick to it. I just want to know that I don't have a problem. Or really, if I do. If it is true, if I am an irresponsible shopper, how do I stop and what happens to my friends that are ten times worse than me. Not a real life changing idea, but still one to contemplate.

No comments: