Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Little Bit of Fierce for the Spring Line

Well I would like to start out by saying thank you to my beautiful model Jessica. She rocks this dress in the most amazing way.

I just wanted to share some of the wilder pieces that I did for the show seeing that I have shown you mostly tame and pretty dresses. Not to say that this dress is not pretty, but it is in no way delicate. I paired a bold cheetah print with the soft silky floral that I used in two other dresses. You may recognize the print from the long floor length dress because it is the same one in pink.

I chose to do the halter piece and the bottom ruffles in that material to give the dress a flirty feel. The structure belt is there to balance it out and enhance to structure of the bodice/skirt of the dress. All together I feel like this was one of my favorite pieces even though I didn't even like it when I was first done with it.

I guess it just took a fierce lady to make this dress work.

Next post...The other dress with this bold large cheetah print in it. And to think...I never thought I could make cheetah print work.

No comments: