Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer in Alaska Sketches

         Well here is page from my notebook of sketches. This is the original sketch page from the Rum&Couture Recycles show in the fall of '08. You can see how things change in just a few short weeks. I didn't even end up using fur in anything I did.
         I started with the idea that I could recycle some material that gets wasted a lot in our society. I thought of fur first because of the animals that get hurt by it. I wanted to make a summer line that incorporated fur in some ways. The best way I thought to do it was making bathing suits and short summer dresses and pairing them with books and heels that were accented with fur. 
What I ended up doing as most know was recycling T-Shirts. I know that there are so many T-shirt used for promotional events that they become disposable like trash. So I took T-shirts and made dresses and tops that were fit to go out to dinner in. 
Next post: I plan on showing you how to pack for a 5 day vacation to some place warm with just a carry on suit case! 

<3>

No comments: